Education is regarded as a central part of the economic, social and cultural development of Ireland.
- Responsibility for education lies with the Department of Education and Skills and the Department of Enterprise, Trade and Innovation. The Departments administer all aspects of education policy including curricula, syllabi and national examinations. The aim of the Departments is to ensure the provision of a comprehensive, cost-effective and accessible education system.
- The National Qualifications Authority of Ireland developed a description of the Irish education and training system, setting out its structure and detailing the awarding bodies which operate in each sector and the awards they offer.
- This sector-by-sector description of the Irish education and training system is available here
- A complete directory of recognised education and training providers can be accessed here
- Travelling abroad with your Irish Qualifications?
For information and advice on travelling abroad with your Irish qualification, whether for work or for further
study, please consult our information leaflet: